So a couple of years I moved out of state with a boyfriend. Was super excited about it however with reason had anxiety about being so far from family and friends. One of the ways my anxiety was coming out was with nightmares and night terrors. I would wake up violently sitting up in a cold sweat, gasping and whatnot. On one distinct night I'd woken up the audio of our doorbell ringing. Which at four in the early morning is fucking nerve wracking. So I shook my boyfriend fully awake and said to him I noticed the doorbell and to go check it because I was scared. He swiftly jumps up. Puts on clothes and grabs a bat. Goes all of the right way to the front door and opens it. I, scared shitless, am peeking nearby watching everything go down. I see him step outside and I nervously await the verdict of the situation when I hear him call out to me. Babe? And I react real shaky, Yes? He stands in the doorway with a genuine frustrated tired look in his eyes and says, We don't have a fucking doorbell.